The America Store
Book Travel                     Visit Places                       Discover America                    See More America
About Us | Contact Us | Official Links | Privacy Policy | Sign Up | Media | Terms of Use © 2015

 - All Rights Reserved.

Rental Cars
Airline Flights
Vacation Packages
US National Parks
Top American State Parks
50 States & Great Cities
US Territories
America’s Top 100 List
Great Small Towns in America
Favorite Art Towns in America
Roadside America Highlights
Uniquely America
Rustic Vacation Packages
US Travel Deals & Bargains
America’s Great Outdoors
America Minute - Video History Segments
US Hotels - Book your travel Rental Car Book it here! Best Airline Flight Values in America Vacation Packages in America United States National Parks America's Top 10 State Parks States & Top Cities in the United States of America US Territories of America
BEST HOTEL RESEARCH - Select your interest
Hotel Guide by State        Top US Destinations        US Attractions        US Points of Interest        Destination Guides
America's Top 100 Favorite Great Towns across America Favorite American Art Towns Roadside American - Statues, Monuments, Places to See! Uniquely America Favorite Great Towns across America Favorite Most Beautiful Rustic Vacations Hotel Guide By State Top US Destinations Top US Attractions Points of Interest for Travel and Visitors to the United States of America United States of America Destination Guides America The Beautiful Great Outdoors America The Beautiful Great Outdoors

Peter’s Travel Log

Peter F Smith - Founder
America The
America The Beautiful, The USA Travel Guide, Travel Information, USA Photos, Special Events in America - Your destination source for Travel and Tourism in the United States of America
- The United States Destination Marketing Agency -
The world’s most diverse culture, amazing landscapes and natural history is found in the United States of America.
Book Travel with America The Beautiful
Overview of the America The Beautiful Annual Pass -  Pass Use | Internet Order Questions | Further Information

What is the America the Beautiful - the National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass or "Interagency" Annual Pass?
An $80.00 Annual Pass that provides access to more than 2,000 recreation areas managed by five Federal agencies, with up to 100% of the proceeds being used to improve and enhance visitor recreation services.

Who qualifies for the Annual Pass?
Anyone 16 years or older may purchase the pass; children under 16 are always admitted free. Each Annual Pass can have up to two "owners".

Where can I get an Annual Pass?
PLEASE be sure to call a site and verify they are still issuing the passes BEFORE you make a special trip to obtain a pass.
Passes may be obtained at hundreds of locations throughout the country, including many Federal recreation sites where they are accepted. See Site Locations that issue the Annual Pass.
Annual Passes may also be obtained through USGS (888-275-8747, option 1, or
Where can I use my Annual Pass?
Please contact a site directly if you have a question about pass acceptance and fees.

The Forest Service, the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Bureau of Reclamation honor the Annual Pass at sites where Entrance or Standard Amenity Fee(s) are charged.
Bureau of Land Management
Bureau of Reclamation
Fish and Wildlife Service
USDA Forest Service
National Park Service
Annual Pass Use

Can any two people sign an Annual Pass?
Yes. The two pass owners do not have to be related or married.

When does an Annual Pass expire?
Whether you buy the pass for yourself, or as a gift, the Annual Pass is valid for 12 months from the month of purchase, expiring the last day of that month.

Who is admitted with an Annual Pass?
Each Annual Pass admits pass owner/s and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle at per-vehicle fee areas; and pass owner + 3 adults, not to exceed 4 adults, where per-person fees are charged. (Children under 16 are always admitted free).

Note: Photo identification will be requested to verify pass ownership.

If I have more than four people in my car, how many passes do I need?
One pass covers the vehicle at sites that charge "per vehicle".
At "per person" sites, the applicable fee will be charged for each additional person.
My family is traveling in two vehicles; will one Annual Pass let all of us into the site?
No. Only the vehicle with the pass owner is covered. The second vehicle is subject to an entrance fee, or must have (or buy) a second pass.

What about motorcycle drivers who purchase an Annual Pass?
An Annual Pass permits entrance for two motorcycles IF the two people who sign the pass arrive at the same time on two motorcycles, regardless of the number of people on each motorcycle.

I ride my bicycle into a federal recreation site that charges an entry fee. Can my friends come in with me with my pass?
Yes, generally the pass holder and up to 3 other bicyclists can enter for free. Be sure to check with the recreation site you plan to visit before leaving because there can be differences in the way a pass is honored at different sites.

What is NOT covered by the Annual Pass?
The Annual Pass does not cover Expanded Amenity fees such as camping, boat launching, parking, special tours, special permits or ferries.

Also, some facilities and activities on Federal recreation lands (including those mentioned above) are managed by private concessionaires. The concessionaires charge for their services as any private company does and the Pass is not valid for their services.

Can lost or stolen passes be replaced? Is there a way that the serial numbers can be tracked?
No. Due to privacy and logistical considerations, passes cannot be replaced if lost or stolen; a new Pass must be purchased.

How do I show my pass at a site that doesn't have an entrance station?
At Federal recreation sites that don't have entrance stations you need to display your pass or show proof of pass ownership to compliance officers via one of the two following methods:

A pass can either be displayed on your rearview mirror using a free hangtag or on your dashboard with the signature side showing. Remember, the hangtag itself is only a way to display your Pass, and is not valid for entry unless it holds a valid Pass.

If you own an open-topped vehicle (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) you may obtain a free decal to attach to your vehicle that will serve as proof of payment at sites that don't have a staffed entrance station.
Decals are issued on annual basis, even for owners of lifetime Senior/Access passes
Decals are NOT valid for entry at staffed entrance sites - you MUST show your pass
Decals must be obtained in person and you must show the following: your Pass, driver's license and vehicle registration. The name on all three documents must match.
All sites that issue passes issue free hangtags
If I forget to bring my pass to a site and pay the entrance or use fee, can I mail in the receipt and a photocopy of my pass and get a refund?
Refunds are not issued. Pass order confirmation letters, credit card receipts, and hangtags without Passes are not valid for entrance or use.

If I visited a Federal recreation site and paid the entrance or use fee and I have the receipt, can I trade in the receipt and pay the difference to upgrade to an Annual Pass?
Generally, no. When you are making your purchase, you should carefully consider which one of the fee and pass options best suits your needs.

National Parks will ONLY upgrade entrance or use receipts from National Parks to an Annual Pass, and will NOT UPGRADE entrance or use receipts from other land management agencies. Any upgrades must be done IN PERSON AT A NATIONAL PARK, within 7 days of the original entry receipt purchase date.

Currently, the other four land management agencies (USDA FS, BLM, FWS, Reclamation) do not upgrade day-use entrance receipts to Annual passes.

Annual Pass Internet Order Questions

If I ordered an Annual Pass through the Internet, and have my order confirmation receipt or my credit card statement/receipt, are they valid for entry?
No. Confirmation letters and credit card statements/receipts are not valid for entry or use.

What should I do if I ordered an Annual Pass through the Internet and it doesn't show up before my trip or arrives damaged?
If your pass does not arrive before your trip starts, or it arrives damaged, you can buy another pass at the first site you visit and return the pass ordered through the Internet for a refund.

If ordered through USGS Internet site ( please return the unsigned pass to:
USGS, Natural Science Network
DFC, Bldg. 810
Box 25286
Denver, CO 80225
Attn: ATB Pass Return
Phone: 888-275-8747, option 1

Annual Pass - Further Information

Does the Annual Pass include any discounts at Cooperating Association bookstores,
or at gift shops that are located in the Federal Recreation sites?
No. The Annual Pass does not provide discounts at Cooperating Association bookstores or onsite gift shops.

Does the Pass provide any discounts on Expanded Amenity or Concessionaire (Concessioner) Fees?
No. The Annual Pass does not cover discounts on any Expanded Amenity or Concessionaire (Concessioner)
Fees such as: camping, RV hook-ups, boat launching, backcountry permits, parking at Mount Rushmore,
guided cave tours at Wind Cave National Park, or parking at some historic monuments or homes.

Is an Annual Pass valid at State Parks or local city/county recreation areas?
No. The Annual Pass is valid at participating Federal recreation sites.
Visit for more information about Federal recreation sites.